Subject: Statistics for work accidents in the UK
- An estimated 646 000 workers had an accident at work in 2012/13 – 231 000 of these injuries led to over 3 days absence from work and 175 000 to over 7 days (LFS).
- Self-reported non-fatal injuries have fallen by around one third over the past decade (LFS).
- 148 workers were fatally injured in 2012/13 (provisional) – a rate of fatal injury of 0.5 deaths per 100 000 workers. This is less than half the number killed 20 years ago (RIDDOR).
- 19 707 major injuries to employees were reported – about 11% less than in 2011/12.
- Shift workers and part-time workers are at higher risk of workplace injury